«Merit» offers flexible solutions to Greek companies based on Open Source implementations that reduce acquisition cost as well as the subsequent support services that will meet business needs.
Part of the solutions implemented by «Merit» include:
- Unix & Linux administration,
- Web Services (Web Servers & Services),
- E-mail services (E-mail Servers & Services),
- File sharing services (File Servers),
- Database Management (Data Base Administration),
- Network Security and Secure Data Transmission (Wired & Wireless Network Security – Firewalls, Antivirii etc., Secured Remote Connections and File Transfers),
- VoIP Telephony Services using open-source PBX software (Asterisk). The software supports additional features such as electronic registry (IVR), Fax Server, services, e-mail to Fax & Fax to e-mail etc.
- Integration of voice and data services in a common environment which includes connectivity with mobile data networks and information propagation to company staff via mobile phones,
- Software development etc.
In addition to the above services «Merit», offers the following solutions aiming to meet the needs of large computing power of companies and organizations:
- Parallel Processing using clusters of interconnected nodes (Computer Cluster) with the corresponding middleware required (protocols PVM, MPI for message passing and local resource management software Condor)
- Grid Technologies (Grid Computing) to use either remote computing resources or the available personal computer business in their idle time.
Merit offers configuration and maintenance services of servers with open source operating systems. The advantages of using open source operating systems is the reduced maintenance costs due to the lack of licenses and the plethora of services that can be brought together in one server. These services cover all the needs of your business and include online services such as Web Servers, Databases, File-sharing Services, Security Services (VPNs, Firewalls, Antivirus), VoIP Telephony and Technical Support for existing Network Infrastractures.
Telephony - VoIP PBX - Asterisk
Merit seeks to meet the communication needs of your company with the open source PBX software Asterisk.Asterisk provides voice chat in real time, with good sound quality and no cost within the company network, while allowing access to external phone lines/trunks (PSTN/ ISDN/ GSM/ SIP/ IAX2).Some of asterisk the features include:
• Internal numbering/ unlimited company extensions.
• Voice Mail.
• Conference Call.
• Interactive Voice Response/ Phone Menus.
• Automatic Call distribution to company extensions.
• FAX services.
• Automated management of many different types of external lines (ISDN / PSTN / GSM, call priorities)
• Use of VoIP phones that support SIP or IAX protocols (Hard VoIP phones or Softphones).
• Data/ Information forwarding to mobile phones.
Mail Servers / E-Collaboration
Merit offers a complete system for managing e-mail using the open source software Zimbra. Zimbra is an integrated e-collaboration software while offering the usual email services (SMTP / POP3 - IMAP), shared mailboxes, personal/ shared/ group calendars, instant messaging, WebMail and synchronization with a wide range of mobile phones (Nokia, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iPhone). Zimbra provides an independent open-source software for mailbox access while being, simultaneously, compatible with many commercial packages (eg Microsoft Outlook), via appropriate connectors. Indicative services offered by Zimbra software are: external e-mail accounts, automatic response in case of absence (Away messages), News Feeds, Address Books, Coordination of personal / group work (Personal / Group Scheduling, Personal / Shared Task Lists), Personal Archives (Briefcases), Mail Conversations, Quotas, Migration wizards/ services, etc.
High Performance Computing
An important part of the services offered by Merit seeks to meet the needs of enterprises / organizations for high computing power. Merit has excellent expertise in the configuration of servers for parallel processing. The server configuration includes communication/ message passing protocols (MPI, OpenMP), local resource management middleware (Condor) and grid technologies (Grid Computing) for utilization of remote resources (eg in different branches of the business or in different parts of a virtual organization).